Delhi is an important tourist destination and also a transit point wherefrom international and national tourist make future journey to various other tourist places. Tourist at times face several problems related to transport, accommodation, getting tourism related information and many times they fall victim to cheats and touts losing their belongings and valuables. To help tourists, the tourist Police of the Delhi Police shall be deployed at following ten important places/locations:
- IGI Airport
- New Delhi Railway Station
- Hazarat Nizammuddin Railway Station
- Raj Ghat
- Red Fort
- Qutub Minar
- Palika Bazar
- India Gate
- Pahar Ganj (Railway Station Side)
- To avoid harassment to the tourist by touts.
- To help tourist in getting transtport and lodging at appropriate rate and without much hassle at Railway Station, Airports Bus Terminals, important tourist places, malls etc.
- Saftey and security against cheats and bag lifters etc. at these places.
- Containing crime like pick pocketing, eve-teasing, molestation, drugging etc.
- Providing information related to the Capital of Delhi and other adjoining tourist places.
- To guide the tourist about the location of tourist places, distance and available transport to reach desired destination.
- To help tourist in procuring tickets for museums, resorts, transports, movies and also to protect them from touts and black marketers.
- To ensure that no peddlers, jewelers, shopkeepers, touts, cheats and beggars etc. harass them.
- To help tourists in soiving their problems as also facilitating them during stay in the city.
- To guide tourists about local of Art and Culture, Emporia 's, Book Stalls, Banks, PCOs etc.
- To guide tourists on local conditions of law and order, security and hazards and places of medical help.
- To guide the tourists on matters relating to passport, visas, residential permits exchange of currency and on immigration issues.
- To help sorting out matters of exigency like sickness, loss of theft of belonging assault or involvement in criminal cases.
- To guide local custom and tradition.